Looking for a cool summer job? If you are at least 16 years old, love swimming & kids, are responsible, and have a great attitude, then you can become a Lifeguard and Swim Instructor for the Conejo Recreation & Park District! We recruit applicants for the Community Pool at California Lutheran University, as well as at Newbury Park and Thousand Oaks High Schools.
~ Gain terrific work experience
~ Earn money having fun in the sun
~ Earn the respect of your peers
~ Make a difference in others’ lives
~ Learn & teach skills that save lives
~ Enhance your customer service skills
Summer 2017 Aquatics Employment Opportunities! (PDF)
To apply, please fill out and return the Aquatics Employment Application.
Lifeguard Try-Out Requirements
- 150-yard medley (Breaststroke, Backstroke, Freestyle under 4:00)
- 2-minute tread with hands in the armpit
- 10 lbs. brick retrieval from 10-13 ft. of water
- 10 lbs. brick retrieval from 7 ft. of water and 25-yard swim with brick above the water
- 500-yard continuous swim (freestyle)
- 10 enter and exits from the side of the pool (no ladder)